This has been a year of learning about
liturgy. Beginning last fall we asked, “why do we go to mass?”, and
over the year we discussed the reasons:
- We acknowledge that the mass is the source and the summit of the life of our community, and that our full, active and conscious participation in the liturgy can transform us and also the world in which we live.
- We unite our own will with that of Christ's during the sacrifice of the mass: he gave his whole life in God’s service.
- We express our thanks to God for the gifts of life, love, family, laughter, music, good work and redemption in the Eucharistic Prayer.
- We believe that the Eucharist transforms us into the living Body of Christ.
- We act as the Mystical Body of Christ on earth and take the gospel message to our community and to all people.
- We realize
that the liturgy shapes our lives and that it is the source to which we
return week after week for spiritual food. (June 27, 2004)